What IT assets can my business recycle?
The electronics your business uses every day -- such as laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, monitors, servers, storage devices, and more are all made from and powered by a variety of recyclable materials. This includes precious metals, plastic, steel, aluminum, CRT materials, and batteries. Sipi Asset Recovery can also handle the recycling of industry specific devices used for specific industries, such as financial, healthcare and professional services industries.
Sipi's unique approach to recycling
Our team is committed to abiding by all regulatory and environmental laws, in all of our recycling and remarketing processes. We specialize in the due diligence required to ensure that all of our downstream vendors are also in compliance. Furthermore, it's a core value -- and a Sipi commitment -- to reuse devices whenever possible, leaving destruction as a final option.
Benefits of recycling
Many of these materials can be reused or recycled, offering several advantages over simple landfill disposal:
- Demonstrating your organization's commitment to environmental stewardship and general efficiency.
- Allowing for materials to be reused or resold to capture value that would otherwise be lost.
- Preventing toxic or harmful materials from entering and proliferating throughout the environment.
- Reducing physical waste that comprises landfills.
Choosing certified recycling
It's tough for your business to carry out an IT recycling program on its own. But partnering with a recycling service that is not certified invites a host of new risks. Recycling certification provides businesses the confidence to choose a high-quality recycling service. Sipi Asset Recovery is certified by e-Stewards and R2 to carry out enterprise IT recycling services that meet the highest standards for quality, safety and regulatory compliance.
What does it mean to be e-Stewards certified?
As part of the Basel Action Network, e-Stewards works to certify organizational electronic waste disposal practices around the world. Independent auditors for e-Stewards continuously report on certified members and their operational facilities to ensure they follow standards regarding:
- Data security
- Recycling best practices
- Responsible downstream management of toxic materials
- Labor ethics
- Export law
- Complete corporate adherence
What does it mean to be R2 certified?
The R2 Standard is another global e-waste recycling certification program created and managed by Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI). The R2 Standard may apply to certification of entire organizations as well as their waste management and processing facilities. According to SERI, the R2 Standard is managed with several key objectives in mind:
- Identify, distribute and monitor best practices in electronics repair and recycling.
- Create market incentives for recycling facilities that focus on environmental, health and safety procedures that directly benefit their workers and communities.
- Help organizations avoid "reinventing the wheel" by giving them access to knowledge and guidance on following these best practices.
Sipi Asset Recovery also maintains accreditation within relevant initiatives authorized by leading global advisory bodies such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001) and the International Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001).
Taken together, Sipi Asset Recovery's expertise, resources and industry certifications makes us a world leader in sustainable IT recycling practices that can benefit your business, as well as the people you service and the environment you work to protect